If we thought that 2014 was a busy year, well 2015 is going to be busier.
We are running around like crazy. We are overscheduled, under rested, technologically addicted, and carry all our stresses and burdens with us. Some of us are pretty good at juggling the madness of our daily lives but what about the rest of us?
We deserve time for ourselves … daily. Even if it’s 30 minutes to give ourselves time to decompress and ‘reset.’ I personally believe that we should demand this of ourselves because after doing it for a few weeks it is definitely something you will look forward to.
So what should we do with this time?
- Try to avoid technology. We are over-stimulated by technology. It’s a part of our daily lives and a part of all that stress. So, let’s give the phone, computer, or tablet a break.
- Read a book, magazine, or something with a positive substance to it. Use this as positivity time.
- Sit outside (weather pending) and take in some fresh air. Fresh air can solve so many things. Hearing the birds chirp, listening to the wind. All good stuff.
- Put in a relaxing CD or music source. Can’t sit outside? Put on relaxing music, white noise, or similar.
- Insert a few minutes of deep, refreshing, relaxing breaths. Think reset and regroup. This will feel so fantastic!
- If you drink something, keep it clean and simple. Again, it’s about resetting the body. I love to sit a bit, with music, and drink tea, or a glass of wind. Read, think, or breathe. It’s the entire environment that works together to help me unwind.
I’m sure I could add many more ideas but these are a few to get you started!
Thanks for reading!!
Feel free to follow me on social media!