So .. as I discussed in a previous post I am taking a 30 day water challenge. You may ask .. how is it going?
The first couple of days were miserable .. at one point I wanted to move my laptop into the bathroom to save myself the walking. The bonus in this? I easily hit my daily quota in steps walking back and forth again, and again, and again, and …
Things I’ve Learned …
- Don’t drink massive amounts of water before you are going to be in a situation where you cannot go to the bathroom. Thankfully I ‘thought’ about this and tapered before I had to teach classes at the gym. That would have been miserable!
- When you drink water more consistently that ice water really keeps your body temperature lower. I switched to luke warm water pretty quick
- After a couple of days I started to drink it more consistently on my own (I was having an app buzz me every hour to drink water) .. it definitely feels both that my body needs it and wants it
Things I’ve Noticed …
- For some reason my system feels cleaner, head to toe. I really don’t know how to explain it but I feel like I’m flushing myself out constantly.
- I’m not as hungry as often as I thought I was … that is in part because we sometimes mix up signals of hunger and thirst and well, I’m definitely never thirsty! 🙂
- My skin feels better .. I noticed today that some of my dark circles seem a bit better (and it’s not because I’m getting enough sleep at night because that is one of my issues..)
- I am more alert during the work day, which is great because right now my job is slooooow
Are they related? I don’t know but they are different, and positive.
I’ll post another update on this soon but I’m pretty sure that 30 days will end up being a permanent change!
Happy day and thanks for reading!
I have tons of playlists on Spotify, by BPMs, by moves (i.e. seated flats, standing climbs, etc). Feel free to follow me as I am constantly adding to my playlists 🙂
Feel free to follow me on social media!